To set up the new server
Tip: If possible, to make it easier to reconfigure the additional computers, do not disconnect the old server until TASBooks is set up on the new server.
- Create your new folder and share it with full read/write permissions. We recommend that you create this folder on the C drive of the server.
- If you're copy over the data folder, remove the NWCONFIG.LOC and TSB.CLF files. The NWCONFIG.LOC file points to the data directory and the TSB.CLF is the central license file for TASBooks. When you re-license on the primary PC, the files are recreated.
- Install the software using the required installation file:
- If previous server was the primary - Install TASBooks as a workgroup or a network primary and activate.
- If previous server only held data - Install Pervasive Database Engine.
For a workgroup installation of Pervasive, install as a service. Network installations automatically install as a service.
For network installations, to activate the permanent Pervasive key on the new server, you must first deactivate it from the old server. The best option is to finish the reconfiguration of the primary client and additional clients to the new server before you activate Pervasive with the permanent key.
Note: You must install the correct version of Pervasive for your purchased TASBooks license.
|Network - 32-bit
|Network - 64-bit
The downloads are available from your TASBooks CD. Alternatively, you can download the latest updates from our support sites at www.tassoftware.co.uk for UK customers or www.mysage.ie for customers in the Republic of Ireland (ROI). Alternatively, contact TAS Support on 0800 694 0220 for UK customers or 1890 946 881 for ROI customers.
To reconfigure additional or client computers
- Company Manager > Tools > Network Configuration.
- Data folder > Change > browse to the new data location > select the folder that holds the company information > OK > Next.
- Once the checks complete > Finish.
- If required, to create new NWCONFIG.LOC and TSB.CLF files, re-activate the software.
Note: If you disconnected the previous server before configuring the new one, to relicense the software remove the local license file TSB.LLF from each computer then start TASBooks. The TSB.LLF file holds the path to find the central licence file TSB.CLF and points to the old server. You can find the TSB.LLF in C:\ProgramData\TAS\TASBooks, or C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\ Appdata\ TAS\TASBooks for Windows XP.