- Sales > Enter / Change Journals > Enter / Change Customer Credit Notes / Credit Journals (option 222).
- Posting Details > complete the following information:
||This automatically creates when you save the transaction. If you want to recall an existing transaction, enter it's posting number here.
||Enter the date required|
||Choose Credit Note.
|| Select a nominal code distribution for this invoice, if required. For more information, please refer to article 34408.
- Customer Details > Code > enter the customer's code. Alternatively, press F2 > select the relevant customer.
- Invoice Details > complete the following information:
||Enter a reference for the credit note.
||Enter the date of the credit note.|
||Enter a description if required.
|| If applicable, enter a project code. Alternatively, press F2 > select the relevant project.
||Enter the net amount of the credit.|
||Select the required rate.
Note: If the customer's VAT Type is set to Home in their record, this defaults to VAT rate 1 for Standard VAT.
The VAT amount calculates automatically for you.
||The total amount calculates automatically here.
If you prefer, you can enter the total, and the net and VAT amounts automatically recalculate.
- Tab to the entry grid. The first lines automatically appear for you.
Tip: You can complete as many lines as you need to until the transaction balances.
- In Line 3, enter the Sales Nominal Account you want to post this transaction to, or press F2 > select the account from the look-up list.
- Lines 1 and 2 of the transaction automatically completes for you and shows the Sales Ledger Control Account and the VAT Control Account, if applicable.
- Description > the description of the selected nominal account appears here.
Note: If you'd rather enter your own description, you can do so, but you need to switch this option on first from Central > General Company Information > TASBooks Configuration (option 012).
Debits/Credits > enter the net value you want to post to the nominal code.
Tip: Unless you need to split the value between different nominal codes, this will be the net value of the credit.
- Press the Tab button on your keyboard > check the Still to Post boxes display 0.00. This indicates that your transactions balance.
- To save the credit note > Save > Yes.
- To close the Enter / Change Customer Credit Notes / Credit Journals window > Cancel.
Note: If this credit is for a VAT registered customer in another EC country, you'll now be prompted to enter the Goods and Services distribution.