- Sales > Enter / Change Journals > Enter / Change Customer Invoices / Debit Journals (option 221).
- Posting Details > Date > enter the date for the bounced cheque > Type > choose Bounced Chq.
- Customer Details > enter the customer code. Alternatively, press F2 > select the relevant customer.
- Invoice Details > Ref No > enter the cheque number.
- Date > enter the date for the bounced cheque.
- Bank > enter the customer's bank account.
- Net > enter the total value of the bounced cheque.
- Press the Tab button on your keyboard > when prompted to save this transaction > Yes.
Tip: The transaction completes with the correct double-entry to the Sales Ledger Control Account and the Bank Account.
You should now allocate the bounced cheque entry to the original receipt. For more information about how to do this, refer to the following section.