- Sales > Enter / Change Journals > Enter / Change Customer Credit Notes / Credit Journals (option 222).
- Posting Details > Date > enter the date for the write-off.
- Type > choose Write-Off.
Note: If you're use the Cash VAT Accounting scheme to calculate your VAT, you should choose SL Credit Note.
- Customer Details > enter the customer code. Alternatively, press F2 > select the relevant customer.
- Invoice Details > Ref No > enter the refernce number.
- Date > enter the date for the bounced cheque.
- Bank > enter the customer's bank account.
- Net > enter the net value of the write-off > VAT > enter the relevant VAT rate.
- Press the Tab button on your keyboard > when prompted to save this transaction > Yes.
You should now allocate the write-off to the appropriate invoices. For more information about how to do this, refer to the following section.