The following steps contain everything you need to restore your data in TASBooks.
- Ensure the company you want to restore is closed.
- From the TASBooks Company Manager window, select the company you want to restore.
- File > Restore.
- Backup file > Browse > browse to where your backup is stored > select the backup file > Open.
- Check the details of the restorable data is correct > Next.
- Choose files to restore > select one of the following options:
- Restore all files.
- Restore selected TAS files.
Tip: If you have word templates or files in your document library that you've worked on recently, and don't want to restore these with earlier versions contained in your backup file > Restore selected TAS files. Then clear the Document Library and Word Templates check box. This means that only your TAS accounts data is restored from the backup file.
To continue > Next.
If the backup is password protected > enter the relevant password > Next.
To confirm that you want to overwrite the existing company data with the information contained in the backup file, select the check box.
Note: If you don't select this option, TASBooks creates a new company to hold the data on the backup. However, this can't be done if you only have a single company licence.
Next > Restore > Close.