If you want to enter the details of the goods received before entering the details of the purchase invoice, you will need to ensure that you have selected the option Always use GMVs to book in stock and enter purchase invoice separately in the Stock > Stock Control section of the TASBooks Configuration window (option 012).
When you enter the details of the goods received, the cost of the goods will be posted to the Stock nominal account and to a special GMV Accrual nominal account. When you enter the purchase invoice at a later date the opposite entry of the cost of the goods will be posted to the GMV Accrual nominal account. In this way you can always see at a glance the differences between the value of stock booked in and the value of stock invoiced.
To receive goods
- Purchase Orders > Print and Receive > Receive Goods from Purchase Orders (option 722).
- Complete the following information:
||Enter the purchase order number for the goods you're receiving. Alternatively, press F2 > select the relevant order from the look-list.
||The supplier's code appears here.
||Enter the relevant GMV reference.
||Enter the delivery date for the goods.
- For each individual product line on the entry grid, check or enter the following details:
||This displays the code of the product that has been ordered.
||This displays the number of units ordered.
||This displays the number of units received to date for this order.
||Enter the number of units that have been received now.
||This displays the number of units on back order.
If required, you can enter a different price per unit here, if you have the details.
||This displays the price per unit as entered on the purchase order.
||The status column is updated automatically and will show either a Y or an N depending on whether the order line is complete or not.
- Repeat step 3 for each individual product line on the order.
- To save the details of the goods received > select one of the following options:
To close the Receive Goods from Purchase Orders window > Cancel.
- Complete - Select this option you if you've received all the goods for this purchase order, or if you will not be receiving any of the goods still outstanding on this purchase order.
- Save - Select this option to save the details of the goods received so far.
- Receive All - Select this option to automatically receive all the goods on the purchase order.
Tip: You can easily check that the goods just received, have updated your stock levels and looking at the Quantity in Stock and Stock Value fields in the Product record (option 511). Your supplier’s account will not be updated until you have received the supplier’s invoice.